Utilising custom font stack

I’m sure this is already exposed in the CSS and I just can’t find it, but is there any way to define my own fontstack, or throw my own font on top of the existing fontstacks for posts?

I can easily @import a webfont in the custom CSS but defining them as the font-family for body {} doesn’t apply everywhere as it should. What am I missing?

Yep, you can definitely do that. Just use the @import like you’re doing already, include article in your CSS selector, and add !important, e.g.:

@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto');

body, article {
    font-family: Roboto, sans-serif !important;
}

Y’know, I’d expunged !important from my memory. Thanks!

@matt Out of interest, what’s the existing fontstack, officially? I don’t want to break compatability for people who can’t use my webfont provider for whatever reason.

No problem! Official font stack is Lora (serif), Open Sans (sans), and Hack (monospace). Full CSS rules:

.sans {
  font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Segoe UI', Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif;
}

.serif {
  font-family: Lora, 'Palatino Linotype', 'Book Antiqua', 'New York', 'DejaVu serif', serif;
}

.mono {
  font-family: Hack, consolas, Menlo-Regular, Menlo, Monaco, 'ubuntu mono', monospace, monospace;
}

Blowing me away with these four-minute responses. :purple_heart:

(Sidenote: As a Writefreely user who is incredibly impressed with just how good this is becoming, how can I contribute to your ability to work on this project?)

:slightly_smiling_face:

I’m glad you like it! And I really appreciate you wanting to help out. There are a few things you (or anyone) could do, which would contribute a lot:

• Responding to others here on the forums, on the GitHub repo, or anywhere else where people are discussing the project
  • Continuing to offer feedback, file bug reports, test out new releases, and let me know how you’re using WriteFreely, so I can be sure the platform is always built around the people using it
  • Help fund the project via Patreon, Liberapay, etc., so we can reach financial sustainability sooner, and ensure the project is here to stay