Updates to Teams and Submit.as

We’ve been hard at work on collaborative features and improvements to Submit.as! Here’s a walkthrough of some recent updates:

2 Likes

So if I have a pro subscription and wanna set up a team for something completely unrelated to my blog, do I have to create a new blog? Does this count as an additional pro blog?

Anyway thanks for the explanation and this new very usefuf feature (whether this requires to create another pro blog or not).

Another question: how much would it cost?

@matt I’m confused how sharing blogs works. This video is about Teams. Is that the same as writefreely.host?

You talk about Write.as in the video, but I don’t see any options to add people on my dashboard.

The current W.a Pro plan has language like the following:

I understand that Write Freely is the open source code foundation for everything, but I’m still confused about the different ways to share blogs on the Write.as platform :thinking:.

Yes, in that case you’d create a new blog that the team takes ownership of. Then you and everyone else on the team would have access to it. Would that work for what you have in mind?

It’ll likely start around $35 / month, and allow an unlimited number of team members. It’ll also include our full suite so far – Write.as, Submit.as, and Snap.as.

The “Teams” functionality here is a completely new feature that we’re now rolling out on Write.as. You can think of it as a “beta” feature we’re testing on Write.as, before it makes it into the core WriteFreely software.

WriteFreely.host only provides our latest version of WriteFreely (without any beta features), so this is different from that service, yes.

Teams are only accessible to Submit.as users right now – so if you’re interested in that, you can add Submit.as and start inviting people to your team. Otherwise, as we finish up shared blogs, we’ll release a subscription option that makes Teams available to Write.as users.

1 Like

Yes, in that case you’d create a new blog that the team takes ownership of. Then you and everyone else on the team would have access to it. Would that work for what you have in mind?

Gotcha, thanks. Yes it would. Basecamp is overkill and overpriced. This would do the job and in fact be much more pleasant than Basecamp for much cheaper.

Thanks @matt that makes it clearer.

1 Like

Happy to help!

Just an update: this is now live! You can create a team and shared blog here. And there’s more information in our latest announcement:

Has this changed? The https://write.as/pricing page describes the Team plan (my emphasis):

Gather submissions, collaborate, and publish to a shared publication.

but in the actual comparison table shows that Submit.as is a paid addon just like for the other tiers

Yep, after feedback and a little more thought on this, we decided that the Team plan should be a base subscription for multiple users, with the option to add other features on top of it, like Submit.as. This has made the most sense so far, so we can offer our products separately without making people commit to the entire suite (notice how Submit.as has its own pricing page).

I can definitely see how that wording for the Team plan could be misleading, though. So we’ll tweak that a bit to make it clearer. I appreciate the input!

1 Like