Scheduled Posts?

WordPress lets us schedule posts to be automatically published in the future. Would like this feature.

1 Like

It’s possible to schedule posts today with this workflow:

1. Publish a post
  2. Press “Edit”
  3. Click the small “i” icon near the top-right corner of the editor
  4. Change the “Created” date to the future date when you want the post published

If you want to avoid having your post show up on your blog at all, you can instead publish the post as “Anonymous” (Draft on WriteFreely), follow these steps, and then move your post to your blog.

For developers, you can also set the created date on a newly published post, so if you’re building a publishing client, you can set this value to start with.

Otherwise, we might build some kind of “social media manager”-type plugin in the future that adds a published post date picker to the editor, so this is easier.

3 Likes

Comment deleted.

I had not read the “we might build some kind of “social media manager”-type plugin in the future that adds a published post date picker to the editor” part. And it was just for what I was asking.

How does changing the created date work with the existing Twitter & Tumblr integrations?

I’d like to blog about a dozen events that are happening in the future, and have each post trickle out a week before each event (and get tweeted/tumbled at that point in time) rather than getting dumped as a big batch on Twitter & Tumblr.

Hi @dan, at the moment the post publishes immediately to Twitter & Tumblr, even if you change the “Created” date afterwards. There should be a buffer so that you can actually schedule posts without them being dumped as a big batch on Twitter & Tumblr.

I will make sure the teams knows this and we will update you on its progress. Thanks again for bringing this up!

3 Likes

Is this still on the roadmap?

Yep! A few things need to happen before this is fully supported (such as support for scheduled cross-posts), but I imagine you’ll see this feature within the next few months.

1 Like

I would love to see this feature also.

1 Like

Is there any movement on this feature?