Feedback wanted: option to put posts on a sub-path?

Based on some user feedback, I’m wondering if you all think it would make sense to add a new customization option for the public URL that posts live on.

Right now, posts and pinned pages all live under the “root path” of your site, e.g.

• Pages: myblog.com/about

I’m wondering if it’d be worth adding the choice to put blog posts on a sub-path and keep pinned pages on the top level, e.g.

• Pages: myblog.com/about

Of course, I’m always hesitant to add customization options unless they bring a large benefit, so I’m curious if anyone sees this being useful to them.

One big thing I could imagine this enabling is the chance to create a static home page for your blog (similar to how Bearblog does it, and some of our users), instead of the current standard, where we always just show your posts. Any thoughts?

3 Likes

I’m also one for keeping things as clean & simple as possible, for my sanity =]

For me, the only benefit is that it would let me have an /podcast page with shownotes (e.g. myblog.com/podcast/episode-1) in one place, rather than on a separate blog. That said, I wouldn’t want for these to be sent out to my email subscribers, and I don’t trust myself to remember the workaround for doing this every time(!).

I was looking at # tags to categorise posts earlier, which I think I’m going to use soon to start organising my posts.

All of that to say… I’m OK with the way things are at the mo (i.e. root-path).

EDIT(ed again): Whoops, I clearly skimmed over the last part of your post, @matt, I second @000… a static homepage would be pretty cool. There’s a reasonable chance I would make use of this.

2 Likes

It would be very cool to have a static home page.

3 Likes

Yes for the static homepage. I would love to get that option.

As for the sub-path, my concern would be broken links for existing posts, unless redirect rules will be provided in the backend.

2 Likes

+1 for everything @dino said

1 Like

I can see the value, but not sure I’d be interested personally. I’m waiting more eagerly for seeing a first version of Draft.as, or having the email subscription feature available in Spanish :slight_smile:

I agree with @jas. I suppose it would be helpful to append one kind of blog series on a sub-path.

I would be interested in it. But, I want an easy way to schedule posts first!

2 Likes