Import or display RSS feed from micro.blog

Hello,

I keep a blog on write.as and use micro.blog as a link blog. I’d like to publish the micro.blog RSS feed as a sidebar or even pinned post to my write.as blog.

I’ve been looking for instructions on how to publish an RSS feed on write.as but haven’t found anything. Any pointers?

1 Like

What do you mean by publish? You mean retrieve the RSS feed URL from your blog on write.as? From what I’m seeing it’s just adding /feed/ to your blog URL.

I really like micro.blog as well so I’m always supportive of trying to get Write.as and Micro.blog to work together better!

Sorry it took me so long to come back with a reply @oneboiledfrog and thank you for the response.

I would like my micro.blog links to be published on a pinned post called “Links” on my write.as blog. I’d like it to show the last 20 links or so. I can get the feed from micro.blog site but can’t work out how to publish the results in a post in this way.

Okay, I just found a post on using glitch to create some. code to accomplish this, from @cjeller1592

I tried remixing it. I’m getting an error when I try to view the XML. I’m not sure what I did wrong in the code but will keep plugging away.

Still working on this. Found ]these instructions on adding last 10 micro.blog links to a sidebar](Migration · Indie Microblogging). Tried it in the custom JavaScript section but didn’t get it to work.

You can include your Micro.blog-hosted microblog posts in the sidebar of your main web site with our JavaScript include called Sidebar.js. In your main site’s HTML template, add this JavaScript wherever you want to include the microblog posts:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://micro.blog/sidebar.js?username=your_username"></script>

Any thoughts welcome.