How to fediverse/mastodon please?

So I clicked to create a mastodon account, and followed the process.
on writing.exchange I am known as @user@writing.exchange
on the write.as customize page I am known as @user@domain.tld
How do these talk to each other? What did I do wrong? Thanks!

You’re probably not doing anything wrong. Check out this video to see how federation works with write.as.

Hope this helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

thanks, but new posts do not show up.
Not under the @user@writing.exchange, not on the @user@domain.tld
@domain.tld shows up nowhere when searching for it on writing exchange. I am definitely doing something wrong, it is just not inteligible to me what goes wrong.

The video starts off with an existing user.
Can anyone point me to a step-by-step instruction from within write.as to open an account and make sure posts show up when you have an own domain?

Thanks!

I think I’m having the same problem. I created a thread just a little while ago (Writing Exchange isn't displaying a write.as post even though it was created just yesterday) right before I found this one

One thing that might work is going to Edit Profile > Account > Move Account. But I’m hoping that there’s a different option because the Move Account page lists warnings about how it causes big changes that cannot be reversed.

I have given up I admit. I can’t get it to work.

There used to be active support through the forums, but over the last year that’s virtually gone and @Matt is probably submerged with other issues. I hope he is coming up with evolutions of the service soon as otherwise I fear write.as becomes EOL?