Federation Troubleshooting

I can confirm that all is as it should be.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Unable to follow blog

Here is a Federation issue from @gendor regarding turning off Federation on Write.as:

I tried to disable federation on my blog while I was busy importing a bunch of posts and didn’t want to spam everybody’s timeline. I unchecked "Federation @gendor@gerritniezen.com" and clicked “Save changes”, but it kept on federating, and when I refreshed the customize page the checkbox was checked again.

When I try to subscribe to my blog, it shows that I have sent a follow request, but I don’t know how to approve the follow request. My blog federation is @oldyogre@write.as, but I don’t know how to sign in anywhere as that identity and approve follow requests. I didn’t think I would have to, as the blog is public. Any guidance?

I’m not too happy with the text that is being shown on Mastodon as a preview. I do not understand what the rules are for text to be displayed on Mastodon. Does it always show the first paragraph? Why doesn’t it seem to work with links. Why can the text be over 500 characters, when it is a continuous paragraph? All in all it seems unpredictable unfortunately.

I understand, that Mastodon is responsible for how it shows these write.as articles on the fediverse while using Mastodon. Still: is there a way to implement something in cooperation with Mastodon that could trigger the preview to end? Like an html code? Or some more information on when the preview is cut off and when it isn’t.

Thank you :black_heart:

1 Like

Federation doesn’t work for a while with my blog. I’m not sure but I believe it stopped working when I switched the domain from tobenschmidt — Write.as to https://tobenschmidt.writeas.com/. Disabling federation and enabling it again didn’t help. Any hint what I can do to make this work again?

Ok, federation with my blog seems to be working again. I did a test with a very short blog post without images and it was posted to the fediverse as expected. I don’t know if this has been fixed or it worked because of the very short blog post. I’ll check this with the next regular blog post.

Attempts to follow being processed as follow requests rather than just following.
With no way to approve a follow request in the writefreely interface.
I thought it might be Pleroma specific, so I tested it on Mastodon, with the same result. I dug through the settings, the config.ini, the forum, and even the github code. Cant figure it out.

Same issue at @atyh here. I can see the profile in Mastodon but not the posts when I follow my Writefreely account. Not sure yet how to troubleshoot, but will try to look in logs.