Sharing much of its underpinnings with the WriteFreely iOS app, we’d love your feedback on our work, so please send a private message to @beta-mac if you’re interested in access. You’ll need a Mac running macOS 11 (“Big Sur”) to test the app.
Before you do, please note that this is pre-release software, and users may be subject to bugs, app instability, and potential data loss.
- Line spacing does not take effect when creating a new post; to see the post with proper line spacing, add a few words, go to another post, and then come back to the new post. (GH#152)
- The emoji picker (CTRL + CMD + SPACE) does not work in the post editor. (GH#137)
- The app may crash when switching between blogs in the sidebar. (GH#147)
- Upon minimizing the app, clicking the dock icon does not restore the window; to do so, go to the Window menu and select the window with the diamond (♢) next to it. (GH#135)
Terms Of Testing
There are a few of things we need to mention regarding the beta. If you choose to message @beta-mac to participate, you implicitly confirm that you’ve read the following:
- Please make sure that your Mac is running macOS 11 “Big Sur” or later. You can verify this by choosing “About This Mac” in the Apple menu at the top-left corner of your desktop.
- Please note that there are some known issues and that this is pre-release software. It may crash, or otherwise work in a way that causes you to lose data. We recommend testing it against a test account in your WriteFreely instance or on Write.as.
- Your participation helps us make WriteFreely for Mac better, but only if you share your feedback with us! Let us know about bugs or unexpected behaviour, and tell us about features you’d like to see added. We may reach out to you individually to check in on your experience with the beta.
- WriteFreely for Mac will be a paid product. If you’d like to continue using the app after release, you’ll have to purchase a license.
If you’re still interested, let us know and we’ll send you a download link for the beta! Thanks so much for your interest.