Write.as in China

Hi! I’m a user from China. Sorry to bother you, but it seems that users from China mainland can’t get on to the website😭We really love the clear design of the web, and it’s really hard for us to find another perfect website like this. We are all curious about the reason for this, and we are really looking forward to the day when we can use it again. And if there is anything that we can do, please let us know. Love from China❤️

Hi! Sorry for this :slightly_frowning_face: Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing when you try to get on the website?

I’ve checked on our end, and there’s nothing that should prevent people in China from getting to the site. So I’ve tried a few different tools that check our site, and some are saying that we’re still accessible recently, while others show that we’re blocked now.

For now, the best way to access Write.as will probably be through a VPN. But I’m researching how we can work around being blocked there, if that is the case. I’ll keep you updated here.

1 Like

Talked to some people and confirmed that we’re blocked in China now: 草莓酱🍓:“@matt@writing.exchange 1. GFW appears to be usi…” - 长毛象中文站

So we just added another way to access the site: https://writeas.xyz

This domain name isn’t blocked in China, so you can use it to get to your account. To share your blog or any posts, just change “write.as” to “writeas.xyz” in your links!

1 Like

OMG!!Thank you sooo much!! Can’t wait to share it to other users in China! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you soooo much! Can’t wait to share it to other users!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing with other users! We also have a guide in Chinese that might be helpful:

1 Like

Oh! Thank you so much…