Using Taio’s new Image Uploader with Snapas via API

The iOS/iPadOS/macOS markdown-based writing app Taio recently added a very impressive image uploader utility and I managed to figure out how to use it with the Snap.as API!

Image Uploader Configuration

Configuration

Field Content
API URL https://snap.as/api/photos/upload
HTTP Method POST
HTTP Headers Authorization: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
HTTP Body (Empty)
Form File Name file
JSON Result Path data.url

Here’s a rough, single-take video demo.

I’m brand brand new to API, generally, so please do let me know if I can improve this. For more details, see this GitHub Issue.

2 Likes

This is a really cool use of the API. I think I may build something similar via Shortcuts on Mac/iOS/iPad OS.

How did you get your API key? I reviewed the documentation, but am used to finding my key in the account area, but don’t see anything like that in the account management UI.

1 Like

So… Snap.as tokens == Write.as tokens. You use the same token across both services. In order to get that token, you actually have to make an authentication request via the API. I have also been working on Siri Shortcuts for these! I’ve only published a single one, so far, but I’m hoping to eventually figure out more complex requests and publish a whole suite.

Here’s what I have so far of the shortcut intended to help one retrieve that auth token. I’m not 100% on it yet (and not familiar enough to be comfortable logging in and out of different accounts on my own device.)

(I got my token via copying and pasting that curl request into Blink Shell, just to be clear.)

2 Likes

That worked like a charm! Thank you.

1 Like