I’ve been using WriteFreely for a week and I’m liking it a lot, but I still cannot get used to how confusing the post creation/editing views and workflows are.
When creating a post, I can choose to which blog it should be posted, but I cannot schedule it or set it’s language. If I choose a blog different than Drafts posting it would result in publishing it immediately.
When editing a post, I can schedule it and set it’s language, but I can’t move it to a different blog. For that I have to go to the list of posts for that blog and use “move to” from there.
So workflows like “create a post to a certain blog and schedule it” are cumbersome, as I have to:
- go to the post creation view
- write the post
- save it to drafts
- visit the list of posts for that blog
- click on “edit”
- now I can set the date for the post
- choose “move to” from the list of posts.
Ideally this could be greatly simplified:
- Go to the post creation view
- Write the post, choose the blog and choose the date all in the same view
- Click “publish”
It’s especially frustrating when a post I wanted to schedule (or publish as a post written in the past) gets published and automatically federates to the Fediverse, and I can’t undo that