Snap.as uploads not working?

Is anyone else having trouble uploading photos to snap.as?

I’ve been trying for over a week now with no success. I get an X over the image to notify (i assume) of a failed upload, then when I mouse over the images, a little error tag says [object Object].

Anyone else having this problem right now?

I’ve reached out to every support channel write.as and snap.as offer and haven’t received a reply to date

I have had that issue here and there for the last couple days, but the image usually uploaded properly on a second try. I can’t identify why it worked at times but not at others in my case and usage.

This time it’s been over 2 weeks and I haven’t been able to upload any photos.

What’s strange is that I’ve tried to reach out to them and I haven’t got a reply yet.

Sorry for the slow response on this, @mason. Can you share one of the images that is failing to upload, either here or in a private message to @support?

Hi @matt thanks for the reply.

Is there a limit on the size of photos that can be uploaded?

The one’s I want to upload are between 7MB and 8MB each. Seems to work just fine with photos around 3MB.

I have the same issue with pictures taken by my Canon camera and transferred to my phone. Pictures by the Samsung phone itself are no problem in terms of the X. The upload just stalls all the time.

Thanks for the help debugging this!

You should be able to upload photos that are up to 12MB in size.

I’ve had some personal things going on over the last week that delayed me getting to this, but I’m looking into it right now. I was able to replicate the upload error (though I’m not sure if it’s the same one) with one of my own images. It seems to be an issue with how we decode images in order to resize them on the server-side.

Once that’s patched, I’ll let you all know so you can try uploading again.

Okay, I’ve just deployed a fix for the upload issue I was seeing. Could you all please try re-uploading any images that failed before, and let me know whether it works or not?

If uploads still don’t work, please send us a quick email (hello at write dot as) with the images that failed, so I can see exactly what’s going on and make sure the particular problem is fixed.

Hi @matt thank you for the reply :slight_smile:

I will hop on today and see if there are any issues with the uploads. I’ll update you once I test it out!

Hi again @matt

Just tested it out by uploading the same photos as before. Everything is working perfectly now!

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! Thanks for letting us know :slightly_smiling_face: