Snap.as Accounts vs. Write.as Acccounts

If we subscribe to Write.as Pro or above, we get Snap.as integration. What if some of our blogs are different genres of content and we’d like to keep the images separate. Can this be done within the one Snap.as account, or would we need to set up a separate Snap.as account?

For example, in my Snap.as account, I’d like to keep my art and photography images separated somehow because they likely appeal to different audiences - just like I can make different blogs for different audiences on Write.as.

1 Like

I have the same situation, but like one photo bucket, because I sometimes cross post. If/once galleries can post directly to a given blog, that solves this issue for me. For now, I just post an initial photo and a link to my gallery and figure folks may bump into others, which is fine by me. Folks who know me as a Catholic deacon may be startled to learn I ride a bike everywhere and vice-versa. Grin.

2 Likes

So, I guess we have two scenarios:

1. User doesn’t mind people finding out that the images belong to the same user, but the user would like to separate them by category/audience. I think this is what Deacon is referring to. I’d also like to have this feature.

2. User wants to be able to have a single login account, but have multiple identities, which Write.as allows for. Example, they have one blog for their personal brand using their real name, and a separate anonymous one for their non-mainstream views that they don’t want associated with their real name publicly. Snap.as could offer this kind of capability - multiple identities. I also need this one.

Perhaps these features could be only enabled for Snap.as Pro or higher price tiers.

On Snap.as individual image are not listed on your profile page, and each gallery can be marked has hidden. On Internet nobody know your are a dog…

2 Likes

In addition to the gallery visibility settings we have now, we will support multiple Snap.as identities under one account, like we do on Write.as. Same goes for our other products where it makes sense.

I’m not sure if it’ll be ready by the time we launch the standalone service, but if not then, it’ll be soon after.

4 Likes

Are the multiple snap.as identities now supported? If yes how do I enable them? It would be nice if for at least each blog you could get a separate snap.as identity.

Thanks

Sorry for bumping into this again. I really need a separate snap.as account, to be able to display galleries / photo albums for a second blog of mine. I have the 5year plan so I have available more than one blogs but snap.as galleries are all in one place, thus I cannot direct my readers to the galleries as I do not want to reveal that the two blogs belong to the same account. Is there something implemented for this? Or at least a workaround?

Thanks