Slow photos page loading on snap.as

After uploading new photos, i need to go to my photos page on snap.as to be able to click on them to get the link for posting to write.as.

Even when I only uploaded two images, I have to wait for a couple dozen images to load before I can see the ones I just uploaded, because there are no links until after the image finishes loading (see below).

This screen shot was about two minutes after clicking to “photos”. All I really cared about in this case were the first two images, but the second one took forever to finish loading (I’m on the latest iPadOS).

Thanks, @matt

Ping! Hopefully this will get some attention.

That’s due to the amazontrust routing preference/interference of the service. You can’t do anything else then reload the page several times until it decides to let go of amazon, or host pics on another service (which I find defeats the purpose of being a paid write.as customer).

There are two projects I was looking at doing over this winter for which I’ll find something other than write.as as a solution if I have to deal with this. It’s a major productivity block when I hit it, and generally leads to me shutting down the computer for the day. Please, @matt tell me there’s something you can do about this.

Ping. Bumping this again in hopes of an answer.

Sorry for the delay, I’m taking a look at this now. It happens when you have a lot of photos, because it tries to load them all before you can take action. Should be able to fix this shortly.

@davepolaschek Just deployed a fix for this. Now photos will load up to 25 at a time, so that page should work a lot better for you. Let me know if you notice any issues, though.

I’ll give it a try early next week. Away from my computer for the weekend, though. Thanks, Matt!

If you wanted to know for sure how many to initially load, it would almost certainly be the last batch. I tend to do 4-6 photos at a time most of the time, but sometimes I’ll have a long build blog that has a couple dozen photos.