Shortcodes List

Is there a documented list of shortcodes that are supported within write.as sites? I have found the references to the email subscription embed shortcode, but haven’t found a comprehensive list if there are others for things like video/tweet embeds, etc. that I have used on other platforms like Hugo, etc.

1 Like

Another shortcode is <!--paid--> for paid content.

1 Like

Definitely want to put together an official list on our how-to guide, but for now I’ll list out everything here:

• <!--more--> inserts a “Read more…” link at that position, that readers will see on your blog’s home page. More: Show an Excerpt — How to Use Write.as.

• <!--emailsub--> inserts a form to subscribe to your blog via email. More: Email Subscriptions — How to Use Write.as

• <!--paid--> puts any content following this shortcode behind a paywall, currently only unlocked with Web Monetization (as @PaoloAmoroso mentioned)

• <!--comment--> inserts a “Discuss…” link that leads readers to your post’s discussion on Remark.as

I think that’s everything right now!

4 Likes

I’d like to suggest that having buttons for all of these shortcodes in the Classic Editor would be very useful.