Returned to write.as

This is just positive feedback, to say that after “shopping around” for different blogging solutions, I have ended up back here.

I have been blogging regularly but inconsistently (?!) for years and have used WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, Ghost, Posthaven (and Posterous back in the day (and talking about back in the day, also Movable Type!)), and even Jekyll. But I have returned to paying for the sweet services of write.as for the following reasons:

1. Security 2) Simplicity 3) Longevity 4) Customisability 5) Friendly support 6) Community 7) Ease of posting 8) Markdown support

Thank you Matt.

Dave

9 Likes

It’s the best out there! I do love the sense of community, simplicity and security we have here. You’ve hit the nail right on the head.

2 Likes

Agreed 100%

Same here! :smiley:

It’s a similar situation for me as well. I could easily just download a copy of WriteFreely and setup my own instance. But the thing is:

1. One less software or server to maintain means I can more focus on my writing instead,
  2. Write.as is the closest instance to the upstream, whenever there is a new change I can see it immediately,
  3. I can work closer with the development team by giving them immediate feedback both for WriteFreely and Write.as,
  4. And most importantly, I can financially support the project. Write.as is closely tied to WriteFreely and paying for the services also supports the development of WriteFreely in the long run.
1 Like