Retain old URL's during blog transition to write.as

I am planning to transition a Jekyll blog to write.as. This blog is running on my own domain and the posts have a URL structure of the form: mydomain.com/year/month/day/title/. When I do the transition to write.as, I will set up DNS such that this domain now points to write.as and copy the existing posts. Is it possible for me to get the same URL structure (mydomain.com/year/month/day/title/) also on write.as so that people who have saved the old URL’s of my posts do not notice any difference?

Hi @pramode75! Welcome. While we don’t support a customized URL structure like this right now, readers will automatically be redirected from this style of URL to the Write.as-style URL. For example, mydomain.com/year/month/day/title/ will automatically redirect to mydomain.com/title, and everyone will still be able to read your posts.

2 Likes

Thank you, i think this should do the job for me!

Perfect! Let us know if you need any help with migrating / transitioning to Write.as.

Out of curiosity, what was the argument for not using blog-standard URL formats which include the date structure?