Replace 'published with write.as'

Hi folks,

I’m on the Pro tier and I’d like to replace ‘published with write.as’ with some other custom text.

I found this post: Remove Write.as Branding from Footers but it doesn’t work exactly how I’d like.

I believe the link above explains how to add content before and after ‘published with write.as’ but I couldn’t figure out how to simply replace that content.

I’d appreciate any help if possible. Thanks!

I don’t think you can do that. You could remove it with the following CSS though:

body footer nav { display: none; }
1 Like

Hi @jehan! You can definitely do this. All you have to do is go to your blog’s Customize settings and add some code to the Custom JavaScript. There are two options depending what you’d like to do.

If you want to simply replace the text:

x = document.querySelector('footer').getElementsByTagName('nav')[0];
x.innerText = 'published with my hands';

If you want to add links or styling:

x = document.querySelector('footer').getElementsByTagName('nav')[0];
x.innerHTML = 'published with my <i>hands</i>'

Hope that helps! Would be glad to clarify anything in the code if need be.

5 Likes

Thanks, @kevquirk. At minimum, it’s helpful to know that I can just hide it :slight_smile:

@cjeller1592 Thanks!! That works perfectly. Really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Jehan

1 Like

hello! thanks for this. is it also possible to make a clickable link appear there? i tried inserting html in between the single quotation marks but it didn’t render. obviously some additional voodoo is required or it is not possible …?

You’ll just need to be sure to use different kinds of quotation marks – as long as you use double quotation marks inside of the single quotation marks, it should work. For example:

var x = document.querySelector('footer nav');
x.innerHTML = 'published by <a href="https://baer.works">Matt Baer</a>';
2 Likes

Hello Matt,

can we replace also ‘Older’ and ‘Newer’ buttons with different text?

Thanks,
T.

i’d like to know the answer to this too!