Remark.as - privacy-first, portable comments

For now, your blog will need to either be Unlisted or Public to comment on others’ posts. I’ll look at addressing this soon, though.

Awesome, glad to hear it! :relaxed:

1 Like

Those “discuss” links are fixed now! I’ve also added some caching to the Cafe, so it should load faster.

1 Like

Hi Ray, where can I find this “reply by email” feature?

Maybe I’m not looking at the right places. :crazy_face:

When you get a topic emailed to you from the forum you can just reply directly to it in your email without needing to visit the thread. : )
Ray

Got it! I thought this was a feature in W.a blogs.

That would be a very useful feature! Fingers crossed….

I think a major flaw in remark.as in its current form is that people who don’t have write.as accounts see the “Discuss” link and click on it, thinking they’ll be able to comment, and are frustrated that they can’t. I got so many complaints, I eventually removed the link.

1 Like

This is not really a fix, but more of a workaround. You can edit your post signature to include alternate options in case they can’t make use of the Discuss link. Of course this comment is assuming you have alternate options. You can put a link to Mastodon or Twitter or even an email address as alternate options though.

Or you can add verbiage on there that says for Write.as users only. I actually tried that for awhile, but it seemed to be too much. Which is why i think it is better to just give them different options.

1 Like