Recommendation (that I wish I could develop, but just an idea)

It seemed obvious to me when I thought of it, but, when one opens a tab on Firefox or Chrome, is there a way to make that default page the write.as/new page? If not, it would be a cool extension for FF/Chrome so people can be prompted to blog straight away upon opening a new tab. Write.as/new is ideal for this, because it’s straight-to-editor. It could increase one’s (impulsive) opportunities to write, and just write write write.

I am sure the former option is possible, so I will set my browser to such, but just wanted to drop this idea.

:slight_smile:

A way of doing this is to set the home page to https://write.as/new in the browser’s settings.

3 Likes

yes, after some digging around I saw that this was able to be done in Firefox via config:new.tab (or something like that), but that changed in Firefox 41, and now it can only be done via an extension (apparently). I got an extension but it seemed like it was a feature that could be found through digging around Settings long enough, haha.

I had it up and running for a bit, but then realized that the URL was filled-in with, the URL, of course. Defeats the purpose of a new tab. If I could configure it to be A) a new tab with the page I wanted (e.g write.as/new) and B) have the URL set to blank, that would be desirable. Because then I would have a new blog entry be an option on that page, but I could just navigate somewhere else if I wanted.

And so it is…

Another possibility (that may well be better if I’m understanding you correctly) would be to create a web page that you save as a local file, and then have that be what your browser pulls up on a new tab. That way you could style it however you want, and have links to e.g. the “new” write.as page and/or anywhere else you’d like.