Problem logging in on new computer

1. Is that allowed (using write.as on 2 different computers using the same username and password)

2. I used the same username and copied-and-pasted the same password, and got the error message “No such user”.
    [edited]
    2.1 if I just got the password wrong, wouldn’t it say something like “wrong password”, but not “No such user”?
    (Or is it not that smart?)

How can I find the username I used at write.as? Is that the same username I use for my write.as blog? Can I see those credentials from my blog, which I remain logged into?

I use three different devices, and am frequently logged in on all three, so that shouldn’t be your problem.

I do remember a problem with upper-case in user names. Is that perhaps an issue? If so, you’ll probably need to get @matt involved.

Thanks for the confirmation about different devices.

My username is one work, all lower case.

Your username on write.as is not necessarily the same as your username on discuss.write.as. If you are logged in on write.as your username is displayed at the top left of your Blogs page or your Posts page.

If you know your username you can use the “Forgot password” link on the write.as login page to reset your password and get logged in.

It really is problematic that you can’t reset your write.as password without knowing the username. If you forget your username you’re dead in the water. There should be an option to reset using your email address.

If you are logged in on write.as your username is displayed at the top left of your Blogs page or your Posts page.

Thanks, that was the info I needed. I suppose that should have been obvious, but sometimes I am clueless…

1 Like

Thanks again. I have now successfully logged in on my new computer.