Possible subscription issue

A friend told me he subscribed to my blog. I checked my subscribers, and he wasn’t listed. I asked him if he received a confirmation email. He said no. Asked him to check spam, still no.

I then asked him to unsubscribe and resubscribe. He did this and received an email. He clicked the subscriber link and is now showing up as subscribed.

As an experiment, I asked another friend to subscribe. While I was talking to her, she went to the blog, entered her email, and clicked the subscribe button. She received a message saying that an email had been sent. We waited for that email. Checked the spam folder, etc. It never arrived. I then asked her to unsubscribe and resubscribe. Second time it worked. She received the email, clicked the link, and she now shows up as a subscriber.

I asked a third friend to complete the same experiment with me. Didn’t receive an email the first time, or the second.

So… There seems to be so issue. Anyone else having this issue. I’m just getting my blog off the ground. Last thing I want is interested readers thinking they are subscribed when they are not, and thus not receiving new updates.

Hi, sorry you’ve had these issues. I haven’t heard any other reports about this, and just checked and I’m not having a problem with the confirmation email myself… This could have been some temporary issue whether with our service or the one we use to send email. I’ve also checked Google’s tools, and our spam rate is 0%, and they haven’t logged any delivery issues.

If this happens again, let me know here as soon as it does, so I can check our logs to see if anything is coming up. I’ll also add some alerting on our end so I can get notified of that.

It will take a little time (maybe a month), but I can also add an option to let you resend confirmation emails. In the meantime, I’ll respond to your private messages and activate those other subscribers that ran into this issue.

Thanks for looking into the issue.

Resending confirmation emails might be helpful.