Hello to everyone. Even though I don’t post much on my blog, something that will hopefully change, I’m always on the lookout for new stuff that might be useful. I’ve also found that I really enjoy using Obsidian, so writing a plugin to allow for write.as interaction directly from there seemed like a logical step.
It’s still very early, but you’re welcome to take a look at the repository over on GitHub. I’m not that familiar with TypeScript (I much prefer vanilla JS), so I welcome any feedback on the code as I go. A general roadmap follows, but please let me know if there’re any further features that would be helpful.
(Listed in no particular order, other than that I plan on doing those under “initially” before the “down the line” stuff.)
- Authenticate the user, store the token in Obsidian’s settings (will be insecure/unencrypted at this stage)
- Log out and delete the token
- Store a list of the blogs associated with an account, and allow setting which to upload to in the plugin’s settings
- Upload a given page in Obsidian to the selected blog
- Upload a given page as an anonymous post (whether logged in or not)
- More secure token storage
- Allow associating a folder in an Obsidian vault with a specific blog, so any pages in there will upload to that blog automatically
- Handle/translate some of Obsidian’s more proprietary markup
- Allow for storage of the tokens associated with an anonymous post (for future editing)
- Way to delete a post
- Create a new document from a remote post
- Auto-detect language settings