MathJax does not render in draft

Opening this thread for any discussion continuing from writefreely#70.

Hej! This actually threw me off quite a bit when I tried writing a post with formulas and it wasn’t rendered.

For me the current solution is confusing. And also suboptimal since it’s not possible to see how the latex is going to look like without publishing the post.

What about adding a select box to the draft page where a blog can be chosen to which the draft is intended to go? Then the rendering could be performed in that context.

Rendering MathJax on drafts would be good since publishing a post to see how it works is suboptimal. Is there any workaround? Perhaps some specific javascript which can be loaded on the draft page manually?

I was looking to make a diagram in my post but found Mermaid is not supported, so I went to the only other option I’m aware of which is LaTeX. However, I can’t see how my draft looks with the MathJax diagram, so I cannot really use it.

The original post on the GitHub issue suggests Including the mathjax template in templates/post.tmpl, which I could follow but I don’t want to maintain basically a local fork of WriteFreely to enable this…