Localize email subscription

Currently email subscription is in english only. It would be great if email subscription could be localized just like the post date and the read more link. Localisation includes the subscription form, the email text and the flash messages after subscription and confirmation.

I second this. Giving it a vote and a little bump :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion (and bump)! I’ve just added all of the strings needed (including flash messages) to our localization project on POEditor. So if anyone is interested in translating them, please feel free to do that!

Once we have that, we’ll still need a way to set a default language for a blog, so we know what to use on the landing page. But we can get that in place next.

@matt I signed up for POEditor and translated all missing strings. I also added some comments on newly and previously translated strings.

Thank you for doing that, @javiernanni! That helps a ton.

I’ll keep you updated on when that is available within the app.

1 Like

Hi @matt , happy to help :slight_smile:

Could you venture an ETA for the translation feature? Depending on when you think you might ship it, I may consider using a Mailchimp signup form until the native write.as feature is ready in Spanish. This isn’t to put any pressure on you, it’s just so that I can adjust what to do until this feature is ready.

Hi @matt, after 1.5 years I would highly appreciate getting an update on this issue. Thank you very much!