Is there a way to embed my podcast?

I’ve recently started a Write.As blog for my podcast.

I’d quite like to embed the Apple Podcasts player on my archive page, like Corbett Barr does on his podcast page. Ideally the same Apple Podcasts player that Corbett uses.

Is there a clean & simple way for me to do this?

Thanks,

Jas

1 Like

Looking at his page, it seems it’s just an <iframe> that he’s using, so yes you can embed it in a post!

Some Googling got me to this page: Apple Podcasts embed player - Apple Podcasts for Creators, which should take you to where you need to go to generate the embed code.

2 Likes

Thanks @matt! So this worked, but the embed appears condensed with a scroll-bar. Here’s the page.

Do you know how I fix that?

Yeah, it looks like the height attribute on the <iframe> is getting stripped out. So to work around that, you can insert this text into the style attribute:

height: 450px;

That is, you’ll replace all of this text:

style="width: 100%; max-width: 660px; overflow: hidden; border-radius: 10px; background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 0%;"

with this:

style="width: 100%; max-width: 660px; overflow: hidden; border-radius: 10px; background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 0%; height: 450px;"
1 Like

That worked! :hugs: Thanks very much.

Hey Matt,

Something similar seems to be happening with the Spotify embed code.

Do you know what I need to do the attached code to make it “right”?

Sure thing, you can add this bit of text:

style="width: 100%; height: 232px"

Include a space before style and insert all of it just before:

></iframe>

Hmm, I tried that and it looks the same as before (you can see it at: indiewriter.net/podcast).

To be honest, this doesn’t look too bad, but apparently it’s supposed to look like the below.

Ah, it looks like you have a colon (:) after 100% instead of a semicolon (;) – could you try replacing that and see if that does it?

1 Like

thank you, fixed!

1 Like

Just a reminder: you don’t actually need to use iFrames to embed from Spotify or the other providers included in Rich Media Embed support. You just need to add the raw share URL. See my latest post for two particular examples (sorry, I know it’s long, but it’s worth it because both episodes each have individualized album art.)

2 Likes

Very true – thanks for pointing that out, @DavidBlue!

2 Likes

thank you @DavidBlue, this is really handy to know!

1 Like