A user in the EU recently pointed out that they need to be able to add an Imprint page to their blog, and suggested having the option to add this page as a link in the footer. I’d definitely like to support this, but without messing with the interface too much, if possible.
What does everything think about this potential implementation:
- If you publish a post with Imprint as the title / slug, you’ll see the option to pin that page to your blog navigation. This would be available for everyone, even free users on Write.as (normally, static pages are only a Pro feature).
- Pressing “pin” on the post will put it in the footer of your blog, instead of the header, where static page links normally go. The footer link would be accessible on all of your blog’s pages.
- This would be well-documented in the guides, so everyone understands how to add this page
- Any potential issues you see with this?
- Should the link go above or below the normal footer text?
- The idea is that only posts at write.as/yourblog/imprint would be recognized as this special page. Should we also recognize other special words, like the German impressum? Any other languages?