As I use write.as for more things, I find I really want more image options. Here are a few things I’ve noticed missing this morning:
- Image floats - I’d like to be able to float an image next to a paragraph of text, either on the left or right.
- Image scaling - Especially when I’m floating an image, but also when the page is being read on a mobile device, presenting the image “full size” isn’t appropriate. I’d like to have a way to specify the image scaling (most frequently as a percentage of the page-width)
- Image groups - it would be nice to be able to present two, three or four images in a group. Alignment within the group… well, I think I’d like just about every option you can think of.
If you’d like to see an example of the first, the clud entry in the LM Jargon File has an example. I had to write the HTML by hand to get that to look the way I wanted.
For an example where I want an image group, the toy cars at the top of the page (currently) at Toy cars — Write.as really wants to have those two cars side-by-side, so I suspect I’ll end up writing more raw HTML. And on mobile… I’m not sure how I want that one to look, but it sure isn’t very pretty now.