How long does it take for Write.as Letters to publish?

Hey Matt and the Write.as community, I’ve been trying Write.as this week and I just subscribed to the Pro version. I really enjoy the service so far. In terms of price, privacy and features, no other hosted service beats it. Seriously impressed!

I had one quick question about the Letters: When do they publish? I can tell that it’s not immediate, which is great because that gave me a few moments to make corrections to a link before the email showed up in my inbox. But I’d like to understand how much time I have.

Also is it possible to send out certain updates as Blog only so I don’t clutter my subscribers’ inboxes?

Hey, that’s great to hear! Glad you’re liking it so far.

All posts have a 15 minute delay for sending out via email. This also includes future-dated posts – as long as they don’t get sent out initially, they’ll go out 15 minutes after the “published” date you set.

Unfortunately we don’t support this right now, but we will in the future! This has been a long-requested feature.

For now, one workaround is to create a post and set its “published” date to a time in the past, outside that 15 minute window when it would send (say, 30 minutes earlier). You can also find other workarounds in this feature request thread: "Send to Subscribers" Option for email - #5 by justinf

1 Like

Brilliant! Thanks.