How do you describe Write.as to your friends?

I was trying to talk about Write.as to a friend and was doing a horrible job. So it made me wonder…

How do you describe Write.as to your friends?

“It’s really simple blogging without any ads, and you don’t get tracked either. There’s a kind of direct feed with everyone else’s posts, but no silly algorithms, and no “like” buttons. No flashy, noisy, attention-grabbing stuff. It’s all very calm. Decent pricing, but there’s a basic free plan too.”

2 Likes

It’s a writing and blogging platform for people who want to sit down, write something, and hit publish. You don’t need to buy hosting, install software and plugins, deal with spam and comments and hackers, and worry about all the hassle of a traditional CMS pretending to be a blogging platform.

2 Likes

@cjeller1592 I think you’re going to need different elevator pitches depending on the person asking. Someone fed up with big clunky software, someone who’s never blogged before, someone with privacy concerns, or someone looking to get away from big companies.

2 Likes

I definitely agree with you @nibl - there are so many contexts to appeal to.

We’ve noticed that a lot of our traction comes from word of mouth, so we were curious how our users tell others about it.

These are great descriptions though – thank you @nibl & @quiethabits!

Keep them coming!`

I describe Write.as as a minimal writing/blogging platform. It is very easy to get a blog up and running. It is for people who want to write something and publish it online as quickly as possible. There are no ads and it is privacy focused.

1 Like