How do I let readers download a PDF file? And how do I upload the PDF file?

Hi,

Snap.as only for photos. How can I add a PDF file, and the reader can download it?
Thanks

I am unaware of any way to host PDFs on write.as. Someone let me know if there is a way.

That said, I wanted to include PDFs in a “Portfolio” section of my blog, so I uploaded the PDFs in a GitHub repo and linked to them on my page.

This may not work, depending on your needs, but it may be an option.

2 Likes

You’re right @erickonghl — there isn’t a way to host PDFs on Snap.as or Write.as. I’d recommend uploading your PDF’s to any storage provider (Dropbox, Google Drive if you want to, etc) and putting the shareable link in your post. @jakelacaze’s suggestion of storing it on Github is great too if you want to use that.

1 Like

Hi cjeller1592. I would prefer to use github to link to portfolio documents. But I am no coder. If I want simple, should I stay away from github? Thank you for any advice.

You don’t have to be a coder. You can easily upload documents through the web interface.

However, any changes made are permanent and can be accessed through the repository’s history unless the repository is deleted entirely and, even then, it’s possible for people with a local copy to access changes. This may not be amenable to some.

hedgewitch, thank you. That’s good to know a repository could be deleted. I wonder what you mean exactly by documents. Do you mean things like pdfs or Word? Sorry if that should be obvious.