How did you find W.a?

I was just sitting here and thinking how it is coming up on four years since I joined Write.as, and I am curious how others found the service.

Was it on a privacy-oriented article? Search engine? App Store suggestion? Word-of-mouth, or what?

I think I found W.a through the App Store (or maybe I was on Android at the time, I can’t remember), and I just searched “writing app”, or “blogging app”, because Tumblr had failed me so many times over the previous year (lost blog posts, pages wouldn’t load, busted timeline, etc.), so I wanted something more minimal, and easy to use. Write.as seems to work out well for my style of frequent updates, and no “Write a post” button to press before I get into hammering out text - I just start writing.

It’s been good.

Hope everyone is well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think I found write.as through an internet search. I was looking for a blogging alternative to Wordpress and somehow found write.as.

2 Likes

Similar to Dino, I believe I was searching for simple/minimal blogging platforms on Google. I was looking for something like Proseful which I’d used in the past, but was active/being maintained.

1 Like

It’s worked for me well. Like the simplicity of the platform

1 Like

I found out about W.a from Micro.blog

I have not taken full advantage of W.a but I’m thinking of consolidating all of my longform posts here.

FYI … @jas & @angelo are fellow microbloggers I know. Haha!

3 Likes

I use the Write.as app, found it on Google Play Store

1 Like

Found it on Google Play Store

1 Like

I was looking for an alternative to https://medium.com on https://alternativeto.net. I don’t think write.as was the top suggestion, but just a few lines of reading about it and I was hooked.

3 Likes

I looked for an easy blogging platform, not knowing a thing about programming, and stayed for the minimal design :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am a fresher in the writing industry, and my passion towards writing took me here. One of my friends suggested me this wonderful platform and I think I can make the most out of the discussions and my experiences here.

3 Likes

I was just looking for a minimalist blogging platform that did not censor like crazy.

1 Like

a great place to meet folks who are passionate about the subject (writing). I met a lot of folks over four years on Write.as, and though I don’t update the main blog anymore, I am forever thankful for the people here and everyone’s dedication to honing their craft :slight_smile:

2 Likes