Fediverse suggestions

I’m super happy to have read the post from @matt that fediverse integration is gonna get some more attention. Now that I’ve had some time to explore this, I have some suggestions.

I’d love to be able to:

1. Define a poster image for the fediverse profile
  2. Have my Write.as domain (custom or default) added as a verified profile link to my automatically-generated writing.exchange profile
  3. See more than the title/link in the body of a fediverse post (ideally the first X number of words or characters, so there’s a synopsis about the Write.as post being linked to)
  4. Define hashtags to appear in the fediverse profile bio

So far, the fediverse integration is badass. I am grateful for the existing connection. Perhaps these features can make it into the improved integration.

2 works just fine already. I have four different verified links, all hosted on write.as. See Dave Polaschek (he/him) (@davepolaschek@writing.exchange) - Writing Exchange for the four of them, one of which is davepolaschek — Write.as and the others are custom domains.

Thanks for weighing in. I see now that I wasn’t clear with that line item, so I’m gonna reword it.

What I’m suggesting is that our automatically-created Write.as profile doesn’t have any links in the profile. It only generates a name, handle, avatar, and description. In this screenshot you can see there’s no link in the bio.