Federation of my blog

Hi. I have a new custom domain all setup and working. One thing which I cannot do is find my federated blog on mastodon. No search results come up at all. I also tried in the iOS client toot and on the web. My mastodon instance is photog.social and the handle I chose to use when customizing blog settings was @blog@mikesplaces.site. An older blog with an older domain will show up. I never see the blog show up so I cannot follow it or otherwise interact with it.

I have a similar issue. I can follow my blog but only if I use my write.as name (@tompurl@write.as). I can’t find the federation name that I specified in my blog’s config (@tom@blog.tompurl.com).

I have to wonder if this issue has anything to do with the following, which appears to still be an open issue:

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I did not try with the write.as alternative. I did see the link before but was uncertain if it was the same issue.

1 Like

Yes @tompurl, it’s most likely that linked issue. This is very close to the top of our priority list now, so this should be sorted out in the near future.

1 Like