Extra Line after h3? How to not have it?

Hi,
I have an extra line after every h3 in Markdown.
No matter what CSS template I used.

You can highlite in Browser, but this line doesn’t show in Elements in the Browser

What option would make this extra line disappear?

Thank you so much for any idea :grinning:

What I found out so far,
the extra line after each h3 Heading isn’t affected by padding nor margin…

Target it with custom CSS and reduce the padding or margin. Or, instead of using markdown for that specific line of text, use html and fix the spacing issue with inline CSS.

Thank you so much.

Here is an post showing the issue as well

I have no to little experience with css. I asked some friends who are developers and they said that chaning padding and/or margin doesn’t change anything to their surprise…
You could inspect it as well.

This is my markdown text

# My Topic

## this is a h2 header
directly follows text

### a h3 header
and also some text

#### and a h4 header
and more text

Would you have some CSS that could change/remove this extra line? :blush:

I think if adjusting it with CSS is not possible, I might try using writing html with inline CSS. Although this would be a workflow I wouldn’t really prefer, since I want to keep my markdown files ready to be converted to other files as well…

You are correct, I cannot seem to change the spacing around it by changing the padding or margin. Not sure if it is because it is an anonymous post. But either way I couldn’t take out the extra spacing.

It seems like your only option right now is to use a bold line instead of a header. See this post, which has the markdown listed below.

# My Topic

## this is a h2 header
directly follows text

### a h3 header
and also some text

#### and a h4 header
and more text

**Bold Line**
and also some text

<strong>Bold Line</strong>
and also some text