Customize content of subscription emails

Is there a way to customize the content/format of the emails that are sent to blog subscribers?

I have a password-protected blog with write.as pro that I would like to share with a select few people. When testing the email subscription feature, the email contained all of the content from the blog post. I would like to adjust the email content so that only a link to the blog post is sent, instead of the entire post content. Is there a way to do this?

I clicked around the settings and the forums, and didn’t come across a solution, but I may have missed something.

The best workaround that I’ve come up with so far is publishing a blank blog post (to generate the email to subscribers) and then adding content to the blank post after, but this is a little cumbersome. If there’s an easier way to modify the email to subscribers so that not all blog content is shown, I would be glad to hear it.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @write! I don’t think there’s anything built-in yet as far as customizing content in the email subscription posts to make it different from the blog post itself.

Another workaround you could do is create a separate blog that are only posts that link to your other blog and have readers subscribe to that. of course that link above will still be there though and might make it awkward.

So if I understand you correctly, you want to be able for it just to have the From post-link in the email or something similar to that?