Confusion about apps

Yes, but I am still lost between write.as, write.as anonymous and writefreely.

Write.as is the official platform where you can host your blog without worrying about technical issues, while also supporting software development. It also offers the option to write anonymously, but anonymous posts are deleted after one hour. On the other hand, WriteFreely is free software that shares many similarities with Write.as, it can be installed on your own server, or you can join a public instance. You can visit Join a Community — WriteFreely to see those with open registration.

@dejalavidavolar Are you sure anonymous posts are deleted after one hour on Write.as? I use anonymous posts as drafts for my blog hosted at Write.as, and they stay available until I move them to the blog.

@PaoloAmoroso Sorry, I confused “delete” with “unpublish.”

1 Like

Which do you prefer?

It depends on your budget. Write.as is a platform that offers tools that WriteFreely doesn’t yet have, such as photo hosting, comments (although for now only between Write.as Pro accounts), email publishing, email subscriptions, among others. You can see the full list of features here: Pricing — Write.as. Personally, if I had the money to pay for the Pro subscription, I would, because it has many advantages. On the other hand, although WriteFreely software is free, you need a server to host it. There are free hosting alternatives like https://alwaysdata.com, which offer 100MB on the free plan. However, you will need to host your images or other content on external services. I think if you have the money and like the platform, you could try Write.as, but if you can’t afford it, WriteFreely is a good alternative!

Is there anyway I could get a refund? I purchase write.as and snap.as (this is an accident,
though). I don’t think it’s for me. Please help.

Cielo