Changing the 'email preview' text for posts

Hi there!

I was wondering if it was possible to amend the ‘email preview text’ displayed in the Inbox, to avoid repetition of the post’s title, and just go straight into the first line of the post itself?

So for example, for the email attached, the first line in the ‘preview’ would instead read: “Since last weekend, I’ve been ‘recovering’ from my book launch. I feel pleased and also relieved…”

Jas

Hey @jas, what do you mean by “email preview text”? Can you share maybe via a screenshot?

Hey @matt, sure, screenshot attached.

To be honest, I think it looks particularly ‘repetitive’ in Windows Mail app, as the ‘Diary of an indie writer, by Jas’ only appears on one line in Gmail (rather than two).

I was referring, though, to the part where it repeats ‘The next chapter after my book release’ text in the 2nd and 3rd line.

It would be cool for the preview text (last line) to avoid the repetition and instead go straight to the first line of the actual post.

eg. for this post, that last linem/preview text would read: “Since last weekend, I’ve been ‘recovering’ from my book launch I feel pleased and also relieved…” rather than repeating the title of the post with that hyperlink alongside it.

Hope that makes sense!

Diary of an indie writer, in my inbox|690x107