Can't turn off federation

Unchecking federation and then clicking Save Changes is not working. It reverts to federation being checked. How to fix?

1 Like

I have this same problem. I want to discontinue this feed:

https://writing.exchange/@feed@blog.erlend.sh

I hadn’t properly understood how this worked until I found the feed on ActivityPub just now. I already have my account on writing.exchange, I don’t need a separate feed on there that’s largely beyond my control.

Just a heads up that the ActivityPub feed of your blog replicates exactly what’s on your blog, so anything you post or delete there also carries over to the fediverse.

In either case, when a blog is Public, right now federation is always enabled. This might change in the future – I’ll let you know if it does.

1 Like

I have this same problem.
I want to stop using federation on my blog.
Or, I want to block some followers at least.

Just an update here: you can now disable federation for Public blogs! Just un-check Federation on your blog settings, and the fediverse integration will be disabled for your account.

Note: this won’t delete any posts that already exist in the fediverse, or fully remove your profile from the fediverse for any followers that already know about your blog. But new people won’t be able to follow it, and new posts will no longer get distributed to the fediverse.

1 Like