Can't post on paper.wf

Hi, I don’t know if it’s appropriate to ask about Paper.wf stuff, as it’s a free instance. But maybe I can get some help. Sometimes, when I try to post on Paper.wf, I get the error message: “Failed to post. Please try again.”. If I try to check the Developer Options, I get a generic:
“500 Internal Server Error
nginx”
Maybe you can help me? Or am I asking for help in the wrong place?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Paper.wf isn’t run by Matt and Write.as. It’s an independent WriteFreely instance. You’ll have to get in touch with whoever runs it. Sorry, don’t know who that is.

3 Likes

Same issue one month later, and I have not the fuzziest idea on how to contact the admins, save for a whois query.

Always back up your stuff, y’all.

1 Like

@albileetrees Did you just wait for a fix or did you contact the instance admins?
Was it the same error?
Do you remember how mcuh days you had to wait for a fix?

I sent a message to the aforementioned email I acquired through the WHOIS query; no response yet (and it took me a few days; it felt invasive having to go far as WHOIS to even get it-- but ultimately decided to give it a shot).

I had not used this service in over a month and was made aware of the issue only when I tried to log in recently. But, it appears to be the same error.

EDIT: To clarify on the errors I’m also getting, I just get a generic “Server Error” message, including when I attempt to post. In other browsers with no active login, the error is on most-- if not all-- of the pages. (And even while logged in-- still errors.)

3 Likes

Same thing here…

Maybe something related to the massive failure of GCP in Paris?

https://status.cloud.google.com/incidents/dS9ps52MUnxQfyDGPfkY#73mBtVKKfeJGJ1yaY7hV

Back to normal situation.

Could be nice to have better error messages and a kind of UI to contact instance admins.

Could be closed.

1 Like

Hi there, just want to report that server for https://paper.wf is down. Please help to fix it because I need to back up my works there. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi. Same issures here. I can’t open the paper.wf and my personal blog. Could you please take a look when you have time? I need to back up some data as well. Many thanks!

1 Like

Unfortunately, @matt won’t be able to help you with this. paper.wf is an independent instance of Writefreely which isn’t run by Matt/Write.as.

2 Likes

please help to solve this problem. At least give us time to backup our work :sob::sob:, it’s already two weeks.

1 Like

@restof, @yingchen-ye and @mijil, send a message to littleduckdotxyz@gmail.com, per WhoIs.

1 Like

I’ve ultimately decided to move my project elsewhere. My recommendation is that you do the same.

I did not like how unreliable paper.wf appears to be, but I must stress that I do not have an issue with the software itself. There are more stable servers.

2 Likes

What do you use, @albileetrees?

It appears to be remediated now.