Can I embed or integrate Convert Kit onto my Write.as website?

Just wondering: Can I embed or integrate Convert Kit onto my Write.as website?

Maybe with the HTML embed form.

Thanks. Do you know where I find that? I see in another post someone recommended iframe. Not sure if that’s at all related. Not sure if I have the know-how. Thank you, again.

<iframe

id=“inlineFrameExample”
title=“Inline Frame Example”
width=“300”
height=“200”
src=“OpenStreetMap Embedded”>

Convertkit has embedding options for each form (here’s an article). Just grab the HTML one, then insert it into your blog post (for example). If you do, use the plain text editor.

Better is to insert it into your Post Signature section from your blog’s Customize page. This way your form (assuming it’s an email opt-in) appears on all pages.

I’ve been trying to do this as well, but can’t think of a solution that will work. The Write.as editor doesn’t accept javascript. And even the HTML version that @justinf mentions still requires a line of javascript. For the record, I’ve tried to add it to the footer as well, but that also strips the javascript.

I love the convenience of the built-in Write.as subscriptions. However, there are a few issues with that setup:

1. The formatting needs a lot of help (with no customization options)
  2. There’s no physical address listed, which violates spam laws
  3. It’s just a blast of the article with no way to group, organize, etc.

Because of this I created a Convert Kit account and wanted to get it integrated. The only way I can see making it work is to add a link to the landing-page version of their subscription form, but that’s not ideal.

I think @matt should see this, particularly #2.

2 Likes

Thank you, both. I can tell this is not something I want to try. But can’t I just otherwise provide a link on a page to a form? Thanks for your info.

Yes, you can. I mentioned this but it got lost in the mix:

Create your Convert Kit landing page, then just link to it from the “post signature” section of “customization.” This will be available on every post view.