Blog in user.writeas.com but federation posts use write.as/user

Hey!

After I added commento comments on my blog for jeko.writeas.com, I started to pay attention of the address used everywhere to access my blog. And I can see, even if I configured my blog to be accessible from jeko.writeas.com, that the federated posts on mastodon are using write.as/jeko. So the visitor can’t comment.

Is there something I can do or should I use write.as/jeko everywhere only ? or a custom domain

Hi @jeko! So this happens because you’re logged in. If someone else clicks the write.as/jeko/post link on Mastodon, it will actually redirect to your jeko.writeas.com domain, showing the comment section. You can try it by opening up one of your latest posts in your browser’s incognito mode: https://write.as/jeko/hall-a-project-manager-for-the-guile-programming-language

Hope that makes sense and would be glad to clarify further!

1 Like

Yo @cjeller1592 ! Thank you for your help, actually it helps, I get it. It’s perfect.

(Is there something I can do to tell my “problem” is solved ?)

1 Like

Glad to help! So under my post above, you can select the ellipsis menu (. . .) and pull up a list of options. There should be an option for Solution. If you click that it will show in the topic that the problem is solved.