Autoplay off?

this is probably very simple, and im just missing the boat on it, but how do i turn autoplay off? my blog currently sounds like its posessed by a demon with 20 different videos starting as soon as one loads the main url, and i want videos to play only when someone actually clicks the play button.

<iframe style="width: 100%" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p39ZiQnjuBo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

in this code above i see autoplay but how do i toggle to off?

thanks guys and gals :smiley:

Are you a Pro user? If so, the easiest way to embed YouTube videos is to just include the raw YouTube URL in your post – it’ll automatically turn into a video player, where you have to press play to get it to start.

1 Like

i am.

im using videos from a h5ai implementation though. not youtube. :slight_smile: so they all rest on another domain, but can be hotlinked, embedded etc.

Ah. Then maybe it’d be best to use a <video> tag instead, where you’ll have more control. As long as you don’t add the autoplay attribute to it, it’ll load without playing.

1 Like

interesting. okay so im messing with that tag now, but i noticed it doesn’t crop the video to a particular size in a nice way like the iframe tag does, can the video and iframe tag be combined?

im looking on w3schools but not getting it just yet there’s a lot there to possibly get lost in.

:smiley: <3

okay! it no longer sounds like a demon is trying to communicate when you load my blog, videos now only play when they’re clicked on. :laughing:

thank you SO much Matt. awesome! :smiley:

1 Like