Adding Stripe Payment Options in a Page

I’m starting a blog where people can ask me questions and I’ll research and write answers for them. In the About page, I’d like to offer them two payment options using Stripe:

1. Pay for one question
  2. Pay a monthly subscription to support the blog

What is the best way to do this?

I’m guessing there might be some kind of embed code I can pull from Stripe after setting up a “product” inside my Stripe dashboard.

I’m looking for something like this that applies to Write.as:

Stripe needs server-side code as well as the JavaScript on the webpage. So you either need to put that Stripe backend code on your own server, or use a third-party that offers Stripe integration.

There are a bunch of services that integrate with Stripe and should offer you a widget you can paste into Write.as.

You’ll have to research a few current ones. The fees typically depend on your turnover. Some have a monthly charge with low transaction fees, others offer zero charges upfront but with a higher transaction fee. Some offer both as separate plans.

In my experience these front-end payment providers tend to come and go, or get acquired. So I would look for one that has a solid record and has been around for a while.

In your case, it might be best to research ones that are specifically for freelancer services.

1 Like

Subscriptions are not handled by all services that integrate with Stripe. That’s another thing to check.

And the embed code is provided by the payment service that integrates with Stripe.

Here is the list of services that integrate with Stripe.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the information! Will check it out.