Web Monetization

Micropayments to content creators are the future of the internet imho. Have you looked into BAT (Basic Attention Token) associated with the Brave browser? It allows you to tip creators or websites you find useful, etc. You also earn BAT for allowing Brave to show you advertisements as you browse.

Cool stuff.

1 Like

i have not, but i thin a lot about this kid of stuff. as someone who is fiercely self reliant and efficient to the point of not having people around who aren’t, or in limited capacity of time only-

there will come a point when developers, engineers, thinkers, artists and such like myself force the major app stores to evolve for the good of common sense, extensibility, and true distributed tablet computing without walled gardens. it is only a matter of time before they all realize this and try to re tool anyway and it is already under way. watch microsofts adoption of the linux kernel as a key movement indica imho 18-24 mos ± until we start seeing a position announcement on this from ms/alphabet/and someone else important. and whatever open source but not gnu (nobody in the camp of folks like myself would ever vouch safe such a thing) its non integral…

and then from there the smaller things will move towards being able to run android ports on iOS, etc… and the masses will rejoice.

phase one of this is already under way and matt is among others like the rocket chat folk (its federated, and sure is too complex but the will is there as they coded it so i like them), and a few other people. the developers of darkroom and obscura (obscura guy is way cool have spoken extensively_ ) will be younger develper teams to watch at different demo scales (obscura is one dude- and darkroom is 4 or 7? rocket chat is kinda big but not but not owned by any major schmukatelli yet, so they are interesting to watch…

also, there are people like myself who can design entire functional systems around something and know that it works, but can code it but know what it needs to be coded, LOL minus all the typing. but i can read and understand written code as a functional language, no problem.

so where-ever my head sits is an interesting place as most of my life i have done visual art, music, writing, and spent a lot of time with body work, health facilitation modalities , aether dynamics, and various other legitimate metaphysical pursuits documented through the ages.

point is, it puts me at a very interesting position - and i hope to do some good with what i understand, or in some capacity think i do- about how people work, and what we all more or less need- and use the unifying mechanics o nature to create a new way of doing things, and sell it to the trans humanists, the ecologists, and everyone in between.

• it will be a very japanese way of doing things, based on principle, logic, simplicity, utility, (actual geometry and mathematics of natural systems, not some extrapolated crap or yes the notifications ned to refresh every 127ms because our nodeJS implementation hates life), etc-

and well i have already said too much. drop me a note if you want to contribute or hear more, i don t want to evangelize here, it is not tactful or honorable… // ~me-
name: omar
email: modals@f00.tech

oh, and-
Right now I actually am also working on originating a currency exchange- called ion-x.
it’s a transitional -blended, functional system inter-weaving $, btc, barter and trade platforms i am authoring and own the domains for (see below) , other coin-base, and our own currency as well, for use on the social network i run - mytribes.net (ive branded the in site credits ions) and exchange versus credits swappy thing.

domains for barter trade i have:
youmakestuff.com
yousellstuff.com
willyoutrade.me
willtrade.org
www.lettuce.trade
and like one other one

for the currency exchange itself-

ion-x.io
ion-x.co
ion-x.net
ion-x.online
ion-exchange.club
and like a few other ones.
so this should be fun. drop me a note? or dont. - - - sincerely, Omar . (the slow paced meditative engineer with too many hats, but a great organizational system.)

I will add BAT to my list, and try to get myself to at least read about what brave is doing- because that at minimum is intelligent as a data point- so thank you. :smiley:

1 Like

We’ve officially launched full Web Monetization support! This includes the ability to offer exclusive paid content.

Read more in our announcement post and feel free to discuss here: Monetize Your Writing with Micropayments.

1 Like

Just scrolled past all that… damn my head was a mess. Sorry about all that.

I am still having a domain auction, but I came back to try and figure out how to remove someone from my team, and apologize about that brain :brain: frwaaap! above. :joy:

Hi, Matt. I’m very new, coming from Ghost (never got started blogging on Ghost). Write.as is the exact platform I am looking for when it comes to blogging. Now, I’ll probably set up the web monetization for some passive income, if I build an audience of course.

Getting to the point, can I use other forms of monetization besides the one provided? I know this is an old topic, but I figured it’s a better place since it is still open.

1 Like

It’s not clear to me whether Coil supports only cryptocurrencies and/or also tradtional currencies such as USD and EUR.

1 Like

Seems to be both? It depends on what wallet you’re using with Coil, since some are more limited than others.

Can I pay someone in shares of (something) or (tradeable metal)? Because it seems like the Uphold wallet supports that.

1 Like

Thanks, Matt. I hadn’t thought about this kind of monetization. It’s good to know.

I wonder at the same time how many people using Write.as are doing affiliate links to monetize? Thanks!