Custom domain not working

Hello, I set up my custom domain approximately 24 hours ago, followed each step on instruction page, and am thinking there’s been enough time for full DNS propagation. Getting “Too many HTTP redirects” message on browser when trying to access blog via custom domain.

Would like to get this working, would @support please investigate? Thank you.

Best regards,
Jay

Hey Jay, are you using Cloudflare or a similar service in front of your domain? If so, you’ll need to disable their proxying feature to get your site working. See this thread for more info: Improved SSL certificate generation

Hi @matt,

Thank you for such a prompt reply! Yes, I’m using Cloudflare in front of my domain for the CDN and security abilities. I went ahead and disabled Cloudflare Proxy for the DNS records. In the link you provided, it was mentioned there may be a way to enable Cloudflare’s proxy, but it also mentioned @old-support would need to do the setup.

Not sure what’s needed, but sure would be good. Not that I think Write.As isn’t secure, but I really do like the CDN and secure proxy aspect of it. Not a dealbreaker, but would be nice.

In any case, I realize it’s a Sunday and I really do appreciate your response on the weekend. So glad I signed up for this service!

Best regards,
Jay