Commenting

Suggesting a thing that’s pretty standard around the Fediverse: show replies to an article as a comment section.

Also, add an option to enable/disable them, globally or on a singular article.

It would be nice to have this feature.

i think it is must have because it means if someone comment the publication you’ve pushed on the fediverse you can’t see it nor reply to it.

Actually, if you follow your blog from the fediverse, you can open up the post in Mastodon / Pleroma and respond to any replies from your Mastodon/Pleroma account. But yes, this would be good to have – see the Remark.as thread.

Globally I don’t use comments…

I like the idea that commenting is a separate instance/service like the Remark.as project. Something like the relation between Write.as and Snap.as

And I like also the idea that, if necessary, i can discuss with somebody from my Mastodon account, or from an other federated service.

For me Write.as & Write Freely must remain focused on publishing, minimalism and federation. Not become an heavy CMS project.

Oh I’ve not seen your product Remark.as. It looks like something totally independant and not related to the Fediverse account ?

I was thinking something more integrated like the publication. As we have an account on Fediverse, mine is valvin@write.as if someone comments on my publication it sounds to me logical to see it on write.as side at the bottom of the post. And be able as the user valvin@write.as to reply to it from write.as.

Using separate account looks strange to me. When I activate Fediverse on my account sends something on it but there is no possibility to see answers and replies to what have been sent if we don’t follow the discussion from elsewhere ?

Comment could be a settings disable by default which required Fediverse to be checked.

Agreed, and I’m going to make sure it maintains this focus.

The goal is to make it an independent product that works on its own, but also integrates with Write.as/WriteFreely, like Snap.as does.

With the integration, it would simply add a commenting interface, and the necessary API endpoints / ActivityPub handlers to process incoming comments. These would directly become a part of your Write.as/WriteFreely blog, so your handle in the fediverse would stay the same – it’s just that now, you’d actually receive comments and be able to reply.

Oh nice, so it means it’ll do what I requested :slight_smile: